Please note: This blog is no longer updated and has moved to a new location: Scott Mark.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Watch Out Shanghai

I will be in Shanghai for a week later in August for work - if anyone out there happens to be in Shanghai, please drop me a line. I would love to connect with someone who knows the local beat - I hate fending for myself in a new spot, and would much rather hook up with someone who knows their way around.

It's interesting getting ready for a totally new experience like this. I recently discovered Shanghai Diaries and Dan's fantastic article on Shanghai hot spots. Pefect timing! I will definitely be hitting Chun - how can you resist a restaurant with four tables??!!

I have also been subscribing to Shanghai-tagged photos at flickr. I have never done this before to get to know a place before a visit, but from now on I always will. It's really an unbeliveably diverse preview of what you will see - I highly recommend this.

Anyone else been to Shanghai? I would love thoughts, recommendations, etc. I am definitely not the tourist type so would appreciate any thoughts on more out of the way places.

Technorati Tags : ,
Powered By Qumana

2 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Michael said...

While I won't be in Shanghai, I'm hoping to see some fotes in flickr from the trip ;)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger scott said...

Definitely - I'm thinking I should finally upgrade to Pro before the trip... I don't think the free account will let me post enough for that week!

 

Post a Comment

Trackbacks

<< Home